Saturday 17 April 2010

Go It Alone!!


As dawn broke, I awoke to the sound of two wailing children hungry for their breakfast. Instead of the usual, "Give me 10 more minutes", I jumped out of bed with a spring in my step. I began thinking to myself, was this down to the glorious sun beaming through the gap in the curtains or the knowledge that I made a nice profit on my first blogged trade? I think it may have been the latter, because while I was sitting there eating breakfast and giving the youngest her bottle (who says men can't multitask), all I could think about was which match to trade.

Itching to get into a trade, I gazed through various blogs including Pops and Betfair in-play matches. Even though there were some good tips and ideas, I decided to spread my wings and "Go It Alone". So here it was.

Stuttgart vs Leverkusen (Finished 2-1)

Initially covered: 1-1, 2-0, 0-2, 2-1, 1-2, 3-1 and Under 1.5 (with the spider strategy). I had at this point £30+ on CS and £9 on Unders.
Not too long into the game and Lever took the lead 0-1. I stayed calm and waited for the market to settle so I could cover 2-2 and 1-3. To my astonishment Lever went down to 10 men after only 19 mins. At this point the odds on 2-2 and 1-3 rocketed, so I took up this opportunity to back them for small stakes. By the time half-time came along, Stuttgart had equalised. I took the break to assess my situation and felt taking a loss wouldn't be beneficial as I was still in a healthy place even with the loss of my insurance. Fortunately for me, the next goal didn't come till the 85 mins. I had 2-1 and a goal either side covered so I let the trade play out till the end.

My outcome
£9 on Unders, £16.05 on CS, giving me a profit after commission of £6.25.

I also, at the top of the afternoon, traded three horse markets rewarding me with £1.08 profit.

I leave slightly nervous that profit can't always come this easy, but for now, or at least for this evening, I will sip a nice cool beer or two and bask in my limited glory.

Running Total

Start: £110.04
P/L: £7.33
Total: £117.37







4 comments:

  1. best of luck with your new blog/venture. Do you mind swapping links?

    http://betfairtrader1977.wordpress.com/

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mate,love your old man's blog and look forward to reading yours,well done on the first trade i am sure there will be many more.My trading is on the same level on the footy,love a bit off in-running on the gee gees though,good luck mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much playslip good luck to you to.

    betfairtrader consider it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much the Dark Spider!!

    ReplyDelete