Tuesday 27 April 2010

Trading In Hindsight

Having not traded for a few days, it has become apparent that I need to trade more frequently, in order to reach my goal. So from today, I will be making a conscious effort to trade and blog at least one game a day.

Last night I traded Crystal Palace vs. West Brom, using the Under’s strategy with a revised spider staking plan. I entered the market with the following score-lines: 1-1, 2-0, 0-2, 2-1, 1-2 and Under 1.5 goals. By the time half-time came along, the score was 1-1 and, I’d lost my £6 insurance on Under’s. However I had covered 3-1 and 1-3 as the goals went in. I felt that I was in a good position and that West Brom would score again. So I made the decision to take all the green out of 1-1 and 2-1, thus lowering my liability to £15. What a bad decision this was, as at no point did the green indicator go above £6. I stayed in the trade up until 85 min’s hoping for a goal, but it never came, so greened up for 13p lol. If a goal had gone in I would have made an impressive profit, all hindsight of course.

Sometimes in trading, you have to try and predict the path your trade may go. I am pleased, that this sort of thinking has crept into my trading plan. Although I made a loss this time, the knowledge I’ve gained will be invaluable for future trades.

I made £4+ on the final frame of Murphy v Ding match. I have been paper trading a strategy and tested it last night. So watch this space.

Overview











Running total
Start: £121.71
P/L: -£1.63
Total: £120.08

No comments:

Post a Comment