Wednesday 21 April 2010

The Golden Nugget



Tonight has been the first time since Saturday that I’ve been able to sit down and trade a game. This is due to the overwhelming family, work and social commitments I had to adhere to. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining as there were a few tricky games that may have caused me a loss. So, a silver lining and all that.

Before I get onto tonight’s profit or loss I would like to say congratulations to Steve Davis for being the oldest person since Eddie Charlton in 1989 to win a match at the crucible. I was totally engrossed in the game. The sheer determination and battling qualities Steve showed would be a good lesson to any of the new generation coming through. He hasn’t got the scoring power any more or even the natural talent of many of the current players but he doesn’t need that, he has the grit and, the ability to wear players down, to make them doubt their own game, which was evident with Mark King’s body language and manner round the table. This is a trait that helped him win his 6 world crowns and his domination in the 80s.

So, here’s to you, “The Nugget”.


I felt that tonight’s games were going to be a little tricky to call so I decided to scalp a couple of the markets for small stakes, and see what I could achieve.

My outcome

Running Total
Start: £117.37
P/L: £4.34
Total: £121.71

No comments:

Post a Comment